An excursion to discover the most ancient historical origins of Liguria, with the prehistoric remains of Toirano and the historic centers of Finalborgo and Cervo.
* Transfer from San Remo to Toirano by highway (70 km – 50 min. approx).
* Visit to the beautiful caves of Toirano, rich in spectacular natural rock formations and traces of prehistoric inhabitants. Continue on to the medieval quarter of the village, perfectly intact.
* Onwards to Finale Ligure (15 km – 20 min. approx.) where you can visit the medieval village of Finalborgo, which also offers attractive opportunities for shopping inside its walls.
* On the return journey, stop at Cervo (40 km – 30 min. approx.).
* Visit to the ancient village, which is unique in the Ligurian Ponente; it overlooks the sea and is dominated by the spectacular and majestic church of San Giovanni Battista, one of the most important examples of Baroque architecture in Liguria. At the top of the hill is found the Castello dei Clavesana, anchored on the rock. The castle now houses the Ethnographic Museum of the Ligurian Ponente.
* Return from San Bartolomeo by road (40 km – 30 min. approx.)