An excursion to discover genuine extra-virgin olive oil: the basis of the Mediterranean diet and of the cuisine of Liguria
* Transfer from San Remo to Taggia along the Via Aurelia (15 km – 20 min. approx.).
* Visit to the medieval Old Town, the beautiful convent of San Domenico and the splendid art gallery.
* In this area you can visit one of the many olive oil mills in the Valle Argentina, where the most famous extra-virgin olive oil of the Riviera is extracted from the local Taggiasca olives; this is also where you can book a tasting session of typical local products.
* Lunch break and transfer to Imperia along the panoramic Via Aurelia (20 km – 25 min.approx.)
* In Oneglia, visit to the Olive Museum belonging to the Carli company, unique of its kind in its approach to retracing the fascinating history of this staple ingredient of the Mediterranean diet from ancient to modern times. Shopping facilities in the adjacent shop, which also carries beauty products derived from olive oil.
* Return by motorway (30km – 40 min. approx).