We’re pleased to invite you to the famous Candlemas Fair, the “Fiera della Candelora” that has been celebrated for over 300 years in the area of the Sanctuary of the Rovere, in the municipality of San Bartolomeo al Mare.
The Fiera della Candelora is the oldest traditional fair in Liguria: in the past this fair marked the beginning of the agricultural season, and today it is still held in its original setting where great emphasis is given to the sale of agricultural implements, farm animals, poultry and seeds. In the past few years the fair has seen the participation of vendors’ stands, themed areas, events and attractions for all ages.
Tourist Package – Fiera della Candelora
Day 1: San Bartolomeo al Mare: the Fair
In the late morning a visit to San Bartolomeo to participate in the event, where you can enjoy five different themed areas, including first the traditional fair, then continuing with an exhibition on agriculture and nature in general; there is a food and wine area plus exhibits on livestock, as well as stands dedicated to environmental education and a teaching farm.
At the end of the afternoon, check in to your pre-selected hotel, for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: The heart of Liguria, the interior
In the morning we suggest a fantastic excursion on the Riviera: first stop is Dolceacqua, where you can wander under the shade of the ruins of the Doria Castle in a Renaissance setting, exploring the narrow streets of the city center. At lunchtime there is a tasting of wine and typical products in one of the local wineries.
In the afternoon transfer to the Hanbury Gardens, in the town of La Mortola: an exotic paradise of 18 hectares, created in 1867 by Sir Thomas Hanbury, who naturalized plants from all over the world, the result of his many travels.
For the great enthusiasts it is possible to book an Olive Oil tasting course which will take place early in the day.
Our offer includes :
- Accommodation in one of our hotels in a double room
- Overnight stay with breakfast included
- Half board formula, beverages included
- Entrance to the Doria Castle in Dolceacqua
- Entrance to the Hanbury Botanic Gardens
- Agency expenses
Our offer doesn’t include :
- Lunches and dinners must be chosen in accordance with the daily menu or the tasting menu proposed by the chef. Items chosen à la carte must be paid for on the spot.
- The visits suggested in the program are free, in other words without the services of a guide, except where otherwise specified.